In the context of energy transition, marine energies are recently deeply considered for wide type of applications: from small units deserving isolated island to GW size offshore wind farms, from specialized electricity generation units to energy hubs at sea.
Power generation solutions using marine energies are operating in harsh environmental conditions and shall rely on robust equipment and specific maintenance.
The Proposals shall be related to power generation solutions based on marine energies, including full system, sub system, or related to maintenance and operation.
They also shall leverage Vallourec’s competences such as materials, design, metallic material manufacturing, instrumentation, lifetime assessment or Field service.
Energies targeted are marine energies such as waves, tidal, floating offshore wind, floating solar and Ocean Thermal Energy Conversion (OTEC).
- Total cost of the solution (including the cost of implementation of the pipes and the cost of on-site installation if any) is a major criterion.
- Prototypes of the solution shall be fabricated for tests in a representative environment within 18 months.
- Environmental impact of the solution (including its Installation and usage) shall be low.
- The business value for Vallourec
- The execution easiness
- The consistency with National strategy for marine energies
- The list of pre-selected proposals will be defined on October 7th.
- Applicants with pre-selected proposals will be invited to pitch their solutions to Vallourec teams and top management end of October.
- Decisions on the final selection will be released in November.
The selected project(s) will have the opportunity to launch a POC in collaboration with Vallourec teams.
- May 11th: Applications start
- September 22nd: Applications end
- October 7th: Preselected applications for pitch
- End of October: Pitch session
- November: Winning project(s) will have the opportunity to launch a POC in collaboration with Vallourec teams.